Some great news today for all those Sniper Elite console players who’ve never had the chance to take on the zombie hordes with X-Ray bullet cam shots, Zombie Army Trilogy is coming to PS4 and Xbox One soon! “When?“, I hear you ask. “I don’t know“, I reply after reading the press release again. The developers Rebellion are publishing this one on their own and are only saying early 2015, though with any luck we’ll not be left too long waiting for the chance to snipe the disintegrating heads of the Nazi undead off their putrifying shoulders. However, head to the Steam page and that says 6th March, so maybe it’s not a secret after all…
It’s the first time the spin off series has appeared on console, and much like Sniper Elite, it’s a cult classic that’s never quite made it mainstream. If you’re not a PC gamer then this is the chance to get your mits on remastered versions of the first two games that have had co-op teams working together to stay alive whilst looking down a magnifying scope. You’ll also get the brand new third instalment and a brand new horde mode that looks like it’ll be as intense as it is bloody. The website has now launched giving more on the game as well as desktop wallpapers, mp3’s and console themes (though these are just wallpapers at the moment, something you can’t actually pick on the PS4… yet, anyway).
Zombie Army Trilogy will be both a retail and download release on Steam, PSN and XBLA, giving you:
- 15 gut-wrenching missions spanning THREE epic campaigns across the irradiated, demon-infested ruins of World War II Germany.
- Wrestle the occult powers in the campaign and across FIVE terrifying horde maps. Face the horrors alone or fight back-to-back in 2-4 player online co-op.
- Fight as elite sniper, Karl Fairburne or one of EIGHT playable heroes including FOUR new female characters, armed with over 25 iconic weapons and explosive traps.
- Take on legions of Undead Super Soldiers, Armoured Skeletons, Zombie Snipers, Chainsaw Elites, Fire Demons and more, before facing the demonic Hitler himself in a final stand to decide the fate of mankind!
- Bask in the gruesome glow of the infamous X-Ray Kill Cam, and watch in gory detail as rotting flesh and organs are shredded from the inside.
- Experience haunting environments and intense-action, all framed in bloody beautiful 1080p.
If you’ve already got the first two games on PC, Rebellion have a loyalty offer that will get you the Zombie Army Trilogy at a discount, and you can pre-order now from Steam or directly from the developers. After watching the trailer and then seeing this as the opening statement…
Achtung! Berlin is burning and Adolf Hitler has risen from his grave to gather an army of Undead Super Soldiers who are poised to spill blood and guts across Europe. Only one thing stands in their way – you, and the fleshy sacks bristling with guns and explosives you call your best friends.
…it’s pretty clear that this is going to be fun, and if it’s anything near as good as it’s big brother series, we can’t wait to dive in to the Zombie Army Trilogy. If you’ve not played the “straight” games, why not pick up Sniper Elite III or its Hunt the Grey Wolf and Save Churchill DLCs now?