Team 17 are known for their cooking games already, but they just announced they’ve partnered with Hermes Interactive to publish Automachef. Those that like experimenting with food production should get ready to have their taste buds tickled in this puzzle game that asks the player to create a fully automated kitchens capable of making all different types of culinary delights. It’ll require planning, preparation and strategic thinking to get everything in the right slicing and dicing order to serve up great food… have you got what it takes to be the best?
At least there’s guidance from Robert Person who definitely isn’t a robot, at least that’s what he claims. The key things that Automachef is offering up on a plate are:
- Three tasty modes! Take on the campaign, build a business in Contracts Mode or play untethered in Test Site Mode.
- Feisty robots! Well, robot. Throughout your time in Automachef, you will be accompanied by Robert Person who will offer you help and abundant charm.
- Machines! From the order reader to the assembler and everything in between, you must tell each machine what it needs to do (they can’t think for themselves…yet).
- Human food! Whether it’s cheeseburgers or salads, each recipe requires different machines with different commands to make it… and don’t even get me started on combo meals!
- Blueprints! Created the perfect production line? Save your plans as blueprints to use in future kitchens.
We can’t deny it, an engineering puzzle game involving delicious food is right up our galley, and we can’t wait until Automachef prepares itself for release on Steam and Nintendo Switch in Summer 2019.