In September we headed to sunny Birmingham to take in the sights and sounds of the NEC… well, EGX 2016 at least. Currently the premier games expo in the UK, EGX showcases some of the biggest upcoming games, new tech and indie publishers to anyone who buys a ticket and heads in. It’s rather good. Being vaguely prepared, we took mics and recording equipment so that we could capture our thoughts and feelings during the day, as well as grab some interviews with any interesting people we bumped into – there were a fair few there!
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
Listen to this episode of the Codec Call to hear:
- Strange time-travelling editing techniques that make it sound like we actually did things in a sensible order
- Most of the Lapsed Gamer crew on their thoughts from the day
- An interview with the developer of Wizdish ROVR – a walking frame for VR tech that made Andy fall over
- An interview with the creator of MVR Ascend – VR for any game, on any console
- GT Sport racing pods
- PSVR and how Andy threw cups at his driver in The London Heist
- Hitman (because we just can’t stop talking about Hitman)
- Dishonored 2
Remember, if you like what you hear, hit us up on Twitter or Facebook, or even leave us a comment below. We especially love reviews on iTunes!
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- Best Games of 2022 – Codec Moments’ Verdict – December 30, 2022
- Merry Christmas Everyone! – December 23, 2022
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 – Late Cretaceous Pack – September 21, 2022