The eighth generation of consoles begins to draw to a close, and it’s now nearly time to get our hands on whatever wonders Sony and Microsoft are going to release in 2020. Rather than figuring out a convoluted way of determining the best games of a generation, the team have kept it simple and are only considering which games they can remember playing. Picking a highlight from each year, this is a nostalgic tour from 2013 to present for Matt, Andy and Ali as they cast their minds back to a very different time. There’s a quiz too!
Listen to this episode of the Codec Moments podcast to hear:
- which games have they all picked from the eighth generation of consoles
- whether Killzone Shadow Fall has made the cut
- if any PC games have been included in a show about console titles
- who’s been given which year
- whether they finally talk about Ghost of Tsushima
- if Andy make it through the quiz without complaining about the questions
- very little talk about racing games
- if all the team have just picked Hitman for each year
- and loads more!
Why not join our Discord channels to talk games (and other stuff) and listen to live recordings (and join in) – click here. If you think that Discord is going to baffle you with what the eighth generation of consoles actually is, then why not check us out on Twitter, Facebook or contact us via email. The Codec Moments Podcast will return soon.