For the inaugural Codec Call we invited @lordbritish and @hodgepodge42, aka Dexter Jaekel and Richard Hodges of the Tech Fixation, to join us for a Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Spoilercast.
Please be warned: This is a spoilercast and as such, may contain traces of spoil for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes!
Discussed in this show:
- The look and feel of MGS V: GZ (spinning in circles and staring at spotlights)
- Cassette tapes: There’s a lot of depth there if you go looking for it. Is it easier to miss the full story without the enforced codec calls from earlier games?
- Tone: With the depth there’s darkness to be uncovered. Big Boss’ character development; will the Phantom Pain openly be the darkest game in the series, or will it stay hidden in dossiers and cassette tapes for you to engage with at your own pace? Also, is Hideo a perv?
- Gameplay: New mechanics including Reflex, vehicles and the companion app are discussed; including a variety of approaches from stealth to slaughter with Anti-Air artillery. It’s not a game that will hold your hand!
- Kiefer Sutherland: Apparently he’s in it?!
- What’s coming next: Who is Skullface? Will we be building Outer Heaven? Will we see Ocelot, Liquid or Hayter? Will Raiden be a playable character voiced by Ashton Kutcher?