It’s been a good couple of months for racing games. Whatever your passion there’s probably been something released that you can get into the cockpit of: rallying, Formula 1, karting, track racing, supercars, hypercars, normal cars… it’s all been put out there to satisfy your need for speed (and there’s another one of those coming soon too). To celebrate this cacophony of cars we chatted with Ali Cornwall about Project CARS 2, Forza 7 and GT Sport, amongst other games.
In this episode of the Codec Moments Podcast, Matt, Andy and special guest Ali discuss:
- their love of racing games but the lack of time to play them (or skill in Andy’s case)
- Project CARS 2‘s hardcore approach
- Forza 7’s failings
- GT Sport being a very welcome surprise despite the woeful parts of the demo
- Mario Kart – because you can’t discuss racing games without the lighter side
- Japanese weirdness
- DiRT 4, F1 2017 and the awesomeness of Codemasters
- that there are other racing games available that they’ve not played.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve listened to, or want to let us know your thoughts on any of the games mentioned, hit us up on Twitter or Facebook, or reach out to Ali via YouTube or @Corn_wolf on Twitter.